Compensation: $83,450.00 - $117,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor s Employees Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
ATTENTION NUCLEAR MEDICINE & RADIOLOGY EXPERIENCED NURSES!
Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the radiology team
- Manage a caseload of patients undergoing radiological examinations
- Provide clinical support to staff members, and be involved in initiation of IV catheters
- Administration of radio isotope and IV contrast
- Manage reactions/complications
- Assist with any patient specific nursing needs while undergoing exams
- Perform patient assessment, offer patient and family education and symptom management
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up
- Cross-train to all diagnostic radiologic modalities (CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine)
- 12 hours flexed between 6am-8:30pm with weekend and holiday rotation as needed
- New York State RN license and BSN
- Minimum of 2-3 years of clinical experience required
- 1.5 2 years of oncology experience highly preferred
- Radiology experience and IV skills highly preferred
- ACLS preferred
- National Certification preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, hospice, infusion, maternal, mhb, neonatal, registered nurse, tcu, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...