Hospitality Associate II
Compensation: $31,310.00 - $51,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we?re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we?re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker?s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor?s Employees? Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We?re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Hospitality Service Associate ? Job Description
Prepares, assembles, transports, sets-up, and serves food for hospitality events and services.
Special Functions Set Up/Breakdown: 50% of Role
- Delivers all food, supplies and equipment to specified location at designated times.
- Sets up in room in proper manner per departmental guidelines & ease of use (e.g., plates are set up next to food).
- Sets up food, supplies, equipment and utensils at designated tables or other locations according to specific departmental standards and special instructions.
- Sets table with linen, and china as required, per departmental guidelines.
- Returns to Hospitality Service area within 10 minutes of completed delivery and set up of function, communicates any delays to supervisors.
Station Organization: 15% of Role
- Review daily schedule at the start of shift to ensure understanding of the days expectations and plans food preparation and assembly according to scheduled delivery times. Contacts supervisor upon review and reports and potential problems fulfilling schedule.
- Gathers all required food and supplies utilizing work sheets and checklists.
- Prepares all on-hand items (e.g., ice, butter, sugar, milk, jelly) at acceptable levels, and maintains an adequate supply throughout the day, to ensure that there are no shortages.
- Stores shelf products upon delivery, utilizing proper storage procedures.
- Maintains storage of paper goods and plastic silverware placing all like items together in a neat and organized manner for easy access.
Assembly of Special Function Orders: 15% of Role
- Communicates and coordinates activities with the hot food and cold salad production areas regarding the timing and preparation of required menu items at start of shift.
- Communicates and coordinates activities with the Hospitality Cook regarding the timing and preparation of required menu items at the start of shift.
- Gathers all food and required items 20-30 minutes before specified delivery time.
- Assembles all utensils and proper equipment for the next day by following a provided checklist per event prior to the end of shift.
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions
- High school or G.E.D.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience (Waitress/Waiter or Bartender Experience)
- Catering and banquet experience?
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.??
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: anfitriónas, anfitrión, anfitriónes, banquet server, camarera, mesera, restaurant server, servidor, servidor de banquetes, wine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...