ELLO - COO
Compensation: $132,420.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
ELLO is seeking a seasoned Chief Operating Officer to join our growing team. ELLO is a full service professional services firm providing capital raising, M&A, capital markets advisory, financial advisory, brand advisory, risk and compliance advisory and management consulting services to over 400 cannabis industry clients around the US and internationally.
For this high-impact role, we are seeking a results-oriented, creative and strategic leader to provide leadership to the operations group in supporting corporate and subsidiary initiatives. The COO will work closely with our CEO to oversee all internal company strategies and processes.
- Risk Management
- Oversees all core operational functions of firm
- Manages internal infrastructure department supporting firm growth
- Plan and direct all aspects of ELLO s operational policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Identify and implement actions that continually position the business and brand(s) for greater exposure and client engagement
- Assist in scanning the market for opportunities to advance new systems, service and process enhancements; recommend and be an advocate for changes
- Implement strategies that sustain competitiveness while maintaining a business environment that optimizes enterprise client service and regulatory sustainability initiatives.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing projections and workforce plans are in place that support firm initiatives and that actions are taken to recruit, engage, develop and retain high performing stakeholders in Operations
- Interpret and communicate expected outcomes through the leadership chain and hold self and others accountable to achieve results using performance coaching and clear feedback.
- Apply financial strategies and systems to achieve short- and long-term revenue goals and to extract and retain value for the business
- Communicate and adjust the business to remain in alignment with strategic initiatives and business opportunities
- Create and manage the roadmap for ongoing growth and profitability while collaborating with other company leaders on best practices that improve business systems (maximize, integrate, and leverage shared service resources)
- Develop decision criteria based on factors that affect clients, internal stakeholders, the company and other external stakeholders. Establish and/or help others prepare options of criteria by considering risks and opportunities. Gain commitment to actions, build consensus when appropriate, and convert strategic initiatives into working concepts.
- Build and sustain strong teams and business relationships leveraging strengths and synergies
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence and inclusivity; holding self and others accountable for individual and team development that align with the needs of the business
- Overtime required throughout the year
- Heavy sitting for extended periods in front of a computer
- Minimal Hazards
- Travel, including overnight, required 10 20% of the time
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership position in a related function (fund, bank, private equity, venture capital, management consulting, wealth management, etc.)
- Proven experience leading, scaling, and driving a business forward
- Extensive business acumen
- Knowledge and understanding of SEC, FINRA, and ERISA rules strongly preferred
- Extensive client relationship management experience
- Experience in leveraging technology to drive revenue & enhance the client experience
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Ability to prioritize work schedule and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and work assignments
- Attention to detail and recognition of critical issues
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships quickly and foster trust at all organizational levels
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities
- Superior problem-solving abilities, as well as the ability to spot underlying patterns
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential
The MGO | ELLO Alliance National Cannabis Practice provides a collaborative professional services offering that delivers world-class financial, tax and advisory services focused on empowering cannabis operators and investors to achieve their business goals. The Alliance partners have proudly led the charge to develop and implement financial and operational best practices that instill transparency, responsibility and legitimacy for the cannabis industry. Our collaborative cannabis practice allows us to provide clients with a holistic, all-in-one approach. With over 400 cannabis industry clients, the MGO | ELLO Alliance is leading the effort to bring scalable, responsible business practices to the emerging cannabis marketplace. Together we offer a complete suite of proven solutions that help cannabis enterprises, investors, and government agencies navigate the unique challenges of the cannabis industry. Our services are aligned and support one another in an effort to address the specific needs, obstacles and opportunities our cannabis clients face throughout the business lifecycle.
In addition to advancement opportunities, we offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) with a company match. To find out more about the MGO | ELLO alliance, visit us at www.mgocpa.com and www.elloinsights.com.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, assist, assistant, asso, document, facilities, front desk, operational assistant, operational support, operations director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...