PURPOSE OF JOB: This position serves as the primary contact point for customers using the Library, ensuring a positive customer experience by determining customer needs, analyzing and solving problems, and directing customers to appropriate staff and resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports location’s customer service plan by proactively greeting customers; answering basic reference and directional questions in person, over the phone, by e-mail, instant message, etc.; locating or retrieving materials for customers; assisting customers with Library technology; supporting the code of conduct; assisting location staff with program preparation at the location and off-site; and sharing early literacy skills with customers.
2. Assists customers with Library card accounts in person, over the phone, by e-mail, instant message, etc.; including processing account applications, verifying account information, informing customers of and enforcing account rules and regulations, accepting payment on accounts, and ensuring accuracy of the account.
3. Manages money at the location, including balancing and reconciling cash drawers, checking receipts and records from various money collection machines, preparing deposits, completing reports, etc.
4. Resolves customer account disputes by interviewing customer, analyzing account information, communicating about the situation with customer, and negotiating.
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
3. Knowledge of Internet and database services.
4.Ability to troubleshoot computer and office equipment.
Combination of mornings, afternoons, evenings & weekends, alternating Friday & Saturday. Sundays as assigned.