Compensation: $83,450.00 - $117,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
BKD s NYC office is seeking a Nurse Consultant who utilizes clinical and operational skills to assess, plan, implement and monitor improvement activities for health care clients of the firm. In this role, you will engage with Administrators, Directors of Nursing/Patient Services and other clinicians to evaluate processes and assist with program adherence and implementation. Must be knowledgeable with state and federal laws, regulations and certification requirements for residential health care facilities, assisted living programs and home health agencies. Is capable of reviewing and analyzing programs and services and communicating information to providers in a concise and directive fashion.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead projects for healthcare entities including: residential health care facilities, assisted living programs and home health agencies
- Works both independently or as a member of a health care team in providing guidance and assistance to clients for regulatory and technical compliance with licensure rules and regulations
- Conducts on-site surveys with emphasis on the administration, organization, delivery and evaluation of all clinical care delivered to resident(s)/client(s) to determine compliance with state and federal licensing/certification standards, regulations and laws
- Evaluates regulatory compliance and determines clinical education needs for client(s)
- Provides assistance to providers on program developments and maintenance of standards for care
- Reviews medical records to assess compliance to standards of care and program eligibility
- Develops policies and procedures for health care providers regarding clinical aspects of nursing practice and program/facility operations
- Evaluates provider program policies and provides recommendations regarding efficiencies in operations
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care coverage, referral and reimbursement methods
- Able to effectively communicate with varied audiences, using appropriate and effective methods (written, verbal, presentation, illustration), style, grammar and tone
- Develops client relationships that results in follow-up work and is requested by clients for further involvement
- Knowledgeable on regulatory and certification requirements for post-acute care industry
- Must be willing to travel approximately 70 % of time. Overnight travel may be required periodically
Required education and prior experience:
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in NYS (or qualified to obtain NYS license)
- Master s degree in nursing, business or healthcare administration preferred
- Experience in nursing facility operations
- Experience with assessment tools such as Minimum Data Set (MDS), OASIS and UAS
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Commitment to exceptional client service and is able to confidently lead
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and clients
- Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific time-line and budget while working at a detailed level
- Able to follow, critically evaluate and improve upon current processes
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions
- Ability to work as a member of a team when required for assigned client projects
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
- Project management capabilities
- Skilled nursing facility case management and/or utilization review experience
- Quality and performance improvement experience
- Business development experience
- Experience with various electronic medical records (EMR) systems
- Consultancy experience with excellent customer service sk
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, neonatal, psychatric, psychiatric, registed, surgery, surgical, tcu, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...