The Cook performs basic cooking procedures and prepares food for presentation under the direct supervision of the Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or Assistant Chef. - Follows the methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, mixing of sauces and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner as prescribed by the Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Sets up workstation based on pars established by Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or Sous Chef and by following station set-up sheets. Operates a specific station with others or individually.
- Tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them.
- Drives the Customer Relations Management system by ensuring that all such orders are handled correctly.
- Complies with occupational, health and safety standards. Ensures foods are stored and kept at proper holding temperatures, through the use of thermometers.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Completes all closing requirements as directed by Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
Required: - At least 1 year of experience in a high-volume restaurant.
- Excellent knowledge of basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to read, translate and execute recipes.
- Have organizational skills to plan time effectively.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Preferred: - High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting. Associated topics: banquet, breakfast, complimentary, cook, cutter, grill, persona de parilla, restaurant cook, station, stove