Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.Summary:
ATI Millersburg is seeking a Journeyman Machinist to join our team. If you are looking for an opportunity to support a growing, world-class manufacturing company with multiple manufacturing operations, then this position is for you!Essential Functions:
The primary functions of a Journeyman Machinist is to layout work, set up and operate manual and CNC lathes, mills and other machine tools with carbide and high speed steel tooling. This position selects tools for the job in accordance with hardness, machinability and other properties of parts to be machined to precision tolerances and specified finishes. This position sets up and operates machines, adjusting stops, feeds and speeds for efficient machining.
Job Duties/Primary Function:
- Ability to read and interpret prints, sketches, and follow work instructions
- Programming using Mastercam, Conversation Programming, and G & M Codes
- Setup and Operate CNC Mills, CNC Lathes, Manual Mills, and Lathes
- Perform in process inspections using multiple inspection equipment, to include the ability to hold tight tolerances and surface finishes
- Good Math skills and able to calculate proper feeds and speeds
- Perform duties in a safe and timely manner
Optional Advanced Skills Desired:
Due to the nature of its operations, including certain federal government contracts, ATI Millersburg Operations must track -- and in some cases limit employment opportunity based on -- citizenship or immigration status.ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Ability to machine exotic types of metals to include: Zirconium, and Titanium
- Operate CMM inspection equipment
Associated topics: automated, automated machinery, automatic, cnc fabricating, cnc machine, cnc machining, computer numeric control, computer aided design, fabrication, precision