Senior Associate, Internal Audit
Compensation: $95,430.00 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Internal Audit and support the development, planning and execution of the Acreage internal audit plan.
- Assist in the maintenance of a dynamic audit universe, providing updates to the risk assessment by identifying new activities and significant changes to the business
- Conduct formal audits across the full spectrum of the audit cycle of planning, fieldwork and reporting. This includes:
- Identification and evaluation of key processes, risks and controls
- Preparation of program and other procedures to test controls
- Preparation and communication of action plans to remediate any control deficiencies
- Preparation of key audit documents (e.g., audit announcement memos, planning documents, audit reports) for management review
- Establish and continually build relationships across the firm at all levels
- Monitor and report on the disposition and status of action plans and conduct substantive tests of compliance as necessary
- Keep abreast of industry and product specific developments and raise any risk and control related topics of interest to the Director of Internal Audit
- Assist in the preparation of management and audit committee presentations
- Bachelors degree
- Three to six years experience in internal audit or public accounting
- Understanding of internal auditing theory and techniques, includes types of controls and testing procedures, as well as, related work paper standards
- Proactive in completing projects, risk assessments, and action plans
- Strong organizational skills, documentation skills, attention to detail and prioritization capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player who works extremely well in a collaborative environment
- Able to adapt and learn quickly within the constant evolution of the company and industry
- Advanced Excel skills
- CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent credential, preferred
- Experience within Retail, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Cannabis, and/or Agricultural industries, preferred
PM19* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...